Thursday, May 25, 2017

This is Me, the Author


I guess there is nothing extra-ordinary thing to say. 

Just a caring wife to my husband and a loving mother to my two k-pop lover daughters and I must say responsible adults.

But hey, I had one secret I would like to share with you!

Writing is my first love.
 
This love for writing had been developed since my grade school.

Memory lane flashed back:

I remember, my former English teacher and at that time head publisher of our School News Organ was looking for future writers for our school’s news organ and possible candidates to join the School Division Essay Writing Contest.  She picked up whom she thinks were applicable to be trained.  Unfortunately, I was not present at the room at that time.  Yes, you read it right.  I was not present at the room but I am present in school! Dunno, where I am at that time. J  After hearing the news from my classmates, I was very disappointed with myself.  Oh, this is what I am waiting for a long time – write.  But, I lost that chance. 

Determine as I was. I never gave up.  During the training, while everybody was busy honing their writing skills inside the future writer's hub. I was also there –outside.  Listening to every details discussed in the lectures. I see to it that I followed all instructions and techniques given by the trainer.  " I need to learn", I said to myself.  Because this is what I want – to write.

Fortunately, I got the attention of the trainer.  She lets me in.  To cut the story short, my perseverance paid me off.  I was one of the few chosen to join numerous contests in feature and editorial writings.  Lucky as I was, I got the bonus of winning some of them.  Later on, I was given the chance to be the Editor-in-Chief of our school organ.

After high school, it was time to decide which career path to take in college.  My first choice: Journalism; second choice:  Political Science.  Neither of them I took up.  I learned early in life that for poor and average family, your choice does not matter.  There are more important things to consider than following what you want.  That is, to look for a course that will land you an easy and sure job.

Fast forward to reality:

I was never able to be with my first love in my career.  I already gave up the idea that we will be enjoying each other’s company.  I already made-up my mind that he will no longer be part of my life. Until one day,  I woke-up reading blogs from ordinary people who are not really professional writers but has given it a try  to write and now enjoying huge followers who appreciates their blogs. That prompts me to… be here now in front of you.  Trying to get your attention and hopefully enjoying each blogs that I will publish in the next few days and so on.

Rewind:

Passion On! With this, I need to re-learn.  Go back to basic and adopting new techniques. This is all, for my first love.

Well, I might not marry my first love in my career but I will definitely be with him through the pages of this site.

I will be once again with my first love!

Happy reading!


Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Reply: